Certified Nurse Midwife
Lawrence OB-GYN Website
An exempt position responsible for providing a full scope of midwifery services including GYN services throughout the life-cycle, prenatal education and support, attending childbirth, providing encouragement during labor and delivery, and supervising the general care of women and children directly after birth. Provides care to women during normal pregnancies and deliveries and calls on obstetricians or other physicians if complications develop.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including gynecological exams, preconception care, prenatal care, labor and delivery care, care after birth, newborn care, disease prevention, family planning, health maintenance counseling, and menopausal management.
- Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved. Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the woman, and an individualized health care experience. Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family. Writes prescriptions as needed.
- Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries. Provides emotional and social support to all of our patients.
- Oversees the medical care of assigned pregnant patients under the supervision of a physician. Provides support to mother and family.
- Teaches patients about elements of mother–baby bonding, protecting from inadequate heat, overstimulation, noisy/brightly lit environments, cuddling/hugging, recognizing signs of infant pain/discomfort, and breast feeding.
Education: BSN and successful completion of nurse midwifery program accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM).
Experience: Minimum three years of experience as RN; one year as midwife, preferably in medical practice setting.
Other Requirements: Current RN state license’s in both PA and NJ. Current CPR certificate. Certification by state as a certified nurse midwife. Certification by ACNM, including meeting recommended ACNM continuing competency requirements and passing the national certification examination.
Be the first to see new jobs near Lawrenceville, NJ!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks